General Terms of Service Agreement
1. Client Service(s). The client agrees to employ Gateway Specialty Imports to perform the following services in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement: sourcing, supply chain management, fulfillment and branding.
2. Client Responsibility. GSI serves as a consultant & distributor and offers a wide range of products from other manufacturers. GSI does not guarantee the suitability of any product for a specific application. It is the customer’s responsibility to evaluate, test and approve all products sourced by GSI prior to purchasing. GSI does not claim to be an expert in product development, but provides the best service to match capable manufacturers with the desired product. Although GSI manufactures are vetted, GSI does not assume any responsibility or liability for the actions or product guarantees of manufacturers.
3. Shipping Terms. FOB Origin, unless otherwise noted.
4. Pricing, Quotes, Pro Forma Invoices. Pricing will be set via formal estimate to the Client and can include cost, insurance, freight, origin, carriage, shipping weight, volume, estimated shipping & arrival dates as necessary. Pricing is in US dollars. GSI reserves the right to change prices, terms and conditions at its discretion based on market value & conditions, with prior written notice.
5. Payment Terms & Deposits. Credit terms are based on the Client’s credit worthiness. All imported and custom-made products will require deposits prior to manufacturing. This amount can vary from 10% – 30% depending on the factory’s policy. Client terms will be determined prior to placing orders and may be subject to change at GSI’s discretion. Late payments are subject to a 10% fee each month until payment has been made. In the event of a default, the Client will assume responsibility for all collections & legal fees. GSI accepts business checks, money orders, cashier’s checks and credit cards. Payments may be remitted to:
Gateway Specialty Imports
P.O. Box 952
San Leandro, CA 94577
6. Returns. Custom-manufactured products are not subject to return or cancellation unless due to manufacturing defect. All other products may be returned within 30 days from shipment with prior authorization issued from GSI. All products must be in unopened original cartons and in good sellable condition and damage-free. Returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee. Returned goods not received in sellable condition will be rejected. Special order & private labeled goods may not be returned.
7. Confidentiality. GSI recognizes that the client has and will have proprietary information which are valuable, special and unique assets of the Client. GSI agrees not to, at any time, directly or indirectly, use any information for GSI’s own benefit. GSI agrees not to disclose information to any third party without the prior written consent of the Client. GSI will protect the information and treat it as strictly confidential. GSI maintains the right to work for any entity that may be connected to the client including competition.
8. Communications. When you send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail, phone or by posting updates in your secure online account through the GSI website. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
9. Your Online Account. You are responsible for maintaining the protection & confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities (including financial obligations) that occur under your account or password. You shall immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or identification or any other breach or threatened breach of your online account & site security. We reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in its sole discretion.
11. Risk of Loss. All items purchased from GSI are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier.
12. Dispute Resolution. Any dispute or claim relating in any way to your use of any GSI products or services will be resolved by binding arbitration, rather than in court, except that you may assert claims in small claims court if your claims qualify. The Federal Arbitration Act and federal arbitration law apply to this agreement. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California.
13. Liability Disclaimer. You agree that access to and use of GSI is at your own risk and neither GSI, its principals, its clients or partners, shall be liable for any claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising from or related to either your use of GSI or any action or omission of GSI in providing service including but not limited to, your online account access. You further agree to protect and hold GSI and its principals harmless from and with respect to any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses, joint or several, under statute, common law or otherwise, arising out of, based upon or in connection with access, use, inability to use or misuse of GSI’s services.
14. Warranty Disclaimer. Your use of GSI services and website is at your sole risk unless otherwise explicitly stated. We make no warranty or representation that: (a) the website or GSI services will always be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; (b) the results that may be obtained from the use of the website or GSI services will always be accurate or reliable; (c) the quality of any products, services, content, information, or other material obtained from the website or services will meet your expectations or requirements; or (d) any errors in the website will be corrected. You assume all risk for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from obtaining any content from the website and GSI services, including any damages resulting from computer viruses.
Site Terms and Conditions of Use
Every effort has been made to create a helpful and informative website that you find useful and forthcoming. If you’d like to see updates or improvements that would make it even easier or more convenient for you to find the information you’re looking for, please let us know.
Otherwise, we hope you use this website freely. All we ask is that you agree to abide by the following Terms and Conditions.Take a few minutes to look them over because by using our site you automatically agree to them.
If you don’t agree, please do not use the site. We reserve the right to make any modifications that we deem necessary at any time. Please continue to check these terms to see what those changes may be!
Your continued use of the http://www.GatewaySpecialtyImports.com Web site means that you accept these terms and those changes.
Restrictions on Use of Our Online Materials. All Online Materials on the www.GatewaySpecialtyImports.com site, including, without limitation, text, software, names, logos, trademarks, service marks, trade names, images, photos, illustrations, audio clips, video clips, and music are copyrighted intellectual property and may not be reproduced in any way.
All usage rights are owned and controlled by http://www.GatewaySpecialtyImports.com.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address or phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
• To personalize your experience
(your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
• To improve our website
(we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
• To improve customer service
(your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
• To process transactions
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
• To send periodic emails
The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Terms and Conditions
Please visit the Terms and Conditions section of this webpage establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
This policy was last modified on January 26th, 2014
Gateway Specialty Imports
P.O. Box 952
San Leandro, CA 94577 USA